Full Title: RBC800 Clinical Research Billing Crash Course
- This course will provide an introduction to the essential aspects of Clinical Research Billing Compliance for protocol-required items and services that generate billable patient-care costs.
- We will explore the national research climate, Medicare’s clinical trial policy, the role of the Office of Clinical Research (OCR), the importance of reconciling the fiscal terms in study informed consents and contracts, UF Policy & Standards, and available resources that will guide you through the Research Billing Compliance (RBC) process.
Target Audience: All UF personnel who work on human subjects research that involves protocol-required patient-based billable services.
Modality: Live Zoom/Virtual/Remote until further notice
Prerequisites: RBC810: Human Subjects Clinical Research Billing
Learning Objectives: As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify two main areas of fiscal/billing risk for clinical research studies.
- Discuss the national research climate as it relates to federal rules and regulations.
- Indicate how the Medicare Clinical Research and Device policies affect study billing plans.
- Explain the importance of reconciling the “Triad of Study Documents”.
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Nursing CE Contact Hours: You must attend the entire course in order to receive Nursing CE credit (2 hours). This program is jointly provided by UF Health Shands and the UF Office of Clinical Research. UF Health Shands is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Conflicts of Interest: The presenters/authors/members of the planning committee for this course do not have financial arrangements, interests or affiliations related to the subject matter of the presentation.
To Register for this Course:
- Click on this link to access the registration page in the myTraining system.
- Click the blue [REGISTER] button in the upper right corner – all upcoming sessions will be listed.
- Find the session you wish to register for and click the blue [ADD] button.
- Click the blue [REGISTER] button in the lower right corner .
- Note: If you are unable to register through myTraining, please contact OCR-Training@ahc.ufl.edu.