The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is responsible for training research teams about Clinical Research Billing Compliance (RBC) , Epic research functionality , and OnCore. These three areas of training intersect and overlap.
Mandatory RBC Certification Course
- All UF personnel who work on any clinical research studies that require Epic upload must complete the online OCR820: Human Subjects Clinical Research Billing Risks certification course on a biennial (once every two years) basis.
- OCR820 is a prerequisite for several other classes in the OCR training series.
- Depending on your research role, you may need additional Epic, and/or Oncore courses (see table below).
Required RBC Epic and OnCore Training Matrix
|Will you Be…||OCR820||OCR810||OCR850||OCR860||OCR861||OCR865|
|A PI on any clinial research study uploaded to the Epic EMR?||Required||—||—||––||—||—|
|Reviewing patient eligibility information in Epic?||Required||—||—||––||—||—|
|Consenting patients for any study in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||––||—||—|
|Associating research participants to a study in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||—|
|Preparing, entering, or pending research orders in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||Required||Required||—|
|Scheduling/associating research-related visits for any study in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||Required||Required||—|
|Performing Epic Research Charge Reviews?||Required||—||—||––||—||Required|
|Reviewing and/or paying UF Health Epic research services statements?||Required||––||––||––||––||Required|
- See list of all OCR training courses
- Email OCR-Training@ahc.ufl.edu
- Phone (352) 273-5924