The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is responsible for training research teams about Clinical Research Billing Compliance (RBC) , Epic research functionality , and OnCore. These three areas of training intersect and overlap.
Mandatory RBC Certification Course
- All UF personnel who work on any clinical research studies that require Epic upload must complete the online RBC810 Research Billing Risks certification course on a biennial (once every two years) basis.
- RBC810 is a prerequisite for all other classes in the RBC series.
- Depending on your research role, you may need additional RBC, Epic, and/or Oncore courses.
Additional Required RBC Training Matrix
|Will you Be…||RBC810||OCR810||OCR803||RBC818||RBC808|
|A PI on any clinial research study uploaded to the Epic EMR?||Required||—||—||—||—|
|Reviewing patient information in Epic to determine eligibility for a research study?||Required||—||—||—||—|
|Consenting patients for any study in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||—||—|
|Associating research participants to a study in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||Required||—|
|Preparing, entering, or pending UF Health research orders?||Required||Required||Required||Required||—|
|Scheduling/associating research-related visits for any study in Epic?||Required||Required||Required||Required||—|
|Performing Epic Research Charge Reviews?||Required||—||—||—||Required|
RBC Epic Classes
- RBC810: Research Billing Risks
- RBC800: Crash Course
- RBC802: Service Provider Communication
- RBC804: OCR Websites
- RBC806: The OCR Intake Process
- RBC807: Billing for Device Studies
- RBC808: Research Billing in Epic
- RBC809: Research Billing Hot Topics
- RBC818: Research Orders & Encounters in Epic