This course will provide an overview of the research billing functionality currently available in the Epic electronic medical record system.
Target Audience: All UF personnel who are responsible for reviewing research billing charges in Epic and/or paying for study-funded UF Health patient services
Prerequisite: OCR820: Human Subjects Clinical Research Billing Risks
Learning Objectives: As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the Research Billing Office’s mission and understand its role in the collaboration necessary for compliant research billing.
- Describe the information that is received through the Epic-OnCore interfaces and how it impacts Epic research billing workflows.
- Utilize Epic Research Timeline Management, Encounter Linking, and Order Linking to ensure research charges are associated to the correct study and billing plan.
- Run Epic Research Billing Review reports in the Research Home Dashboard to find research charges that are waiting for study team review.
- Discuss the different Epic research billing designations.
- Identify study-related Epic charges during billing review and if needed, perform Research Corrections to ensure the charges will be routed to the correct payor.
- Review UF Health Research Statements.
- Use the Research Study – Transaction History to review each study’s financial guarantor account information.
Duration: 2 Hours
- This live course is being offered through Zoom as a virtual class until further notice
- Once you register, you will receive an automatic email confirmation
- On the scheduled class date, you will receive an email from the instructor that will include the Zoom link and other information
To Register for this Course:
- Click on this link to access the registration page in the myTraining system.
- Click the blue [REGISTER] button in the upper right corner – all upcoming sessions will be listed.
- Find the session you wish to register for and click the blue [ADD] button.
- Click the blue [REGISTER] button in the lower right corner .
- Note: If you are unable to register through myTraining, please contact OCR-Training@ahc.ufl.edu.