- This course will provide an overview of the research billing functionality currently available in the Epic electronic medical record system.
Target Audience: All UF personnel who are responsible for reviewing research billing charges in Epic and/or paying for study-funded UF Health patient services.
Modality: Live Zoom/Virtual/Remote until further notice
Prerequisites: RBC810: Human Subjects Clinical Research Billing
Learning Objectives: As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the Research Billing Office’s mission and understand its role in the collaboration necessary for compliant research billing.
- Describe the information that is received through the Epic-OnCore interfaces and how it impacts Epic research billing workflows.
- Utilize Epic Research Timeline Management, Encounter Linking, and Order Linking to ensure research charges are associated to the correct study and billing plan.
- Run Epic Research Billing Review reports in the Research Home Dashboard to find research charges that are waiting for study team review.
- Discuss the different Epic research billing designations.
- Identify study-related Epic charges during billing review and if needed, perform Research Corrections to ensure the charges will be routed to the correct payor.
- Review UF Health Research Statements.
- Use the Research Study – Transaction History to review each study’s financial guarantor account information.
Duration: 2 Hours
Nursing CE Contact Hours: Not Available
Conflicts of Interest: The presenters/authors/members of the planning committee for this course do not have financial arrangements, interests or affiliations related to the subject matter of the presentation.
To Register for this Course:
- Click on this link to access the registration page in the myTraining system.
- Click the blue [REGISTER] button in the upper right corner – all upcoming sessions will be listed.
- Find the session you wish to register for and click the blue [ADD] button.
- Click the blue [REGISTER] button in the lower right corner .
- Note: If you are unable to register through myTraining, please contact OCR-Training@ahc.ufl.edu.