- This certification training covers very basic information about federal, state, and University of Florida rules and regulations that affect UF Clinical Research billing policy and procedures
- The target audience members MUST complete this Research Billing Compliance certification on a biennial basis (once every two years)
Target Audience: All UF personnel who work on human subjects research that involves protocol-required patient-based billable services
Learning Objectives: As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify two main areas of fiscal/billing risk for UF human subjects clinical research studies
- Explain the applicability of Medicare rules to UF Research studies and patient-care costs billing
- Describe a Qualifying Clinical Trial and Routine Costs
- Explain the importance of reconciling the Triad of Study Documents
- Discuss the offices and systems in place at UF to help reduce research billing risk for our institution and investigators
Duration: This training should take approximately 60 minutes to complete
Technology: This training is best viewed with Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
Grading: At the end of this training, completion of a final assessment is required. To successfully complete this training, you must obtain a score of 80% (80/100 points) or higher.
To Register for this Course:
- Click on this link to access the registration page in the myTraining system.
- Click the blue [START] button.
- Note: If you are unable to register through myTraining, please contact OCR-Training@ahc.ufl.edu.