What is a Patient Timeline?
- Most studies that involve UF Health services or locations will be uploaded to Epic and interfaced with OnCore.
- If the study includes billable services, the billing grid information in OnCore is shared with Epic.
- When a patient is enrolled into a study with an Epic billing calendar/billing grid, an Epic timeline MUST be generated and managed throughout the patient’s participation in the study.
- A patient’s timeline includes the date range when each set of events/charges are expected to occur.
- Epic charges will auto-direct to the appropriate billing designation (“bucket”) based on the applied timeline.
How is a Patient Timeline Managed?
Study coordinator must generate, manage, and update patient timelines in Epic throughout the life of the study. For details, see:
- Guide to Epic Billing Calendars & Patient Timelines
- Generate a Patient Timeline in Epic
- Manage a Patient Timeline in Epic
- Update a Calendar Version and Patient Timeline in Epic
- Take the following classes:
- Arrange for a study-specific consult.
- Contact OnCore-Support@ahc.ufl.edu (352) 273-5924