This live course is being offered through Zoom as a virtual class until further notice. Once you register, you will receive an automatic email confirmation.
Closer to the scheduled class date, you will receive an email from the instructor that will include:
- A copy of the Use VPN and Zoom for Virtual OnCore Training user guide/tip sheet.
- The Zoom meeting link.
- A copy of the class handouts.
Course Description: This course will provide rationale for effectively communicating about sponsor-funded clinical research study services to Shands/UF service providers, billing personnel, and the Office of Clinical Research (OCR). It includes a brief introduction to the Epic research functionality.
Audience: If you work as an investigator, administrator, coordinator, coding or billing specialist, or have a role that requires any technical/professional clinical services, this course is for you!
Learning Objectives: As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify who the Service Providers are at UF Health facilities.
- Discuss how to differentiate between “Routine Costs”, Standard of Care, and “R99” services.
- List the time points where Service Provider Communication is essential.
- Describe the UF Health research workflows that must be used in order to avoid billing errors.
Duration: 2 Hours
Nursing CE Contact Hours: You must attend the entire course in order to receive Nursing CE credit (2 hours). This program is jointly provided by UF Health Shands and the UF Office of Clinical Research. UF Health Shands is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Conflicts of Interest: The presenters/authors/members of the planning committee for this course do not have financial arrangements, interests or affiliations related to the subject matter of the presentation.