This live course is being offered through Zoom as a virtual class until further notice. Once you register, you will receive an automatic email confirmation.
Closer to the scheduled class date, you will receive an email from the instructor that will include:
- A copy of the Use VPN and Zoom for Virtual OnCore Training user guide/tip sheet.
- The Zoom meeting link.
- A copy of the class handouts.
Course Description: This course will provide an introduction to the essential aspects of Clinical Research Billing Compliance for protocol-required items and services that generate billable patient-care costs. We will explore the national research climate, Medicare’s clinical trial policy, the role of the Office of Clinical Research (OCR), the importance of reconciling the fiscal terms in study informed consents and contracts, UF Policy & Standards, and available resources that will guide you through the Research Billing Compliance process.
Target Audience: If you work as an investigator, administrator, coordinator, coding or billing specialist, or have a role that involves any clinical research activity that generates patient-care costs, this course applies to you.
Learning Objectives: As a result of participation in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify two main areas of fiscal/billing risk for clinical research studies.
- Discuss the national research climate as it relates to federal rules and regulations.
- Indicate how the Medicare Clinical Research and Device policies affect study billing plans.
- Explain the importance of reconciling the "Triad of Study Documents".
- Describe the processes in place at UF that help reduce fiscal/ billing risk.
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Nursing CE Contact Hours: 2
You must attend the entire course in order to receive Nursing CE credit. This program is jointly provided by UF Health Shands and the UF Office of Clinical Research. UF Health Shands is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Conflicts of Interest: The presenters/authors/members of the planning committee for this course do not have financial arrangements, interests or affiliations related to the subject matter of the presentation.
Prerequisites: None. This course is a prerequisite for all other Research Billing Compliance courses in this series.