The UF Health Research Billing Office (RBO) is a centralized office fully dedicated to patient-based research billing. This focus on research billing results in a more streamlined and compliant research billing process.
Epic Research Billing
- RBO oversees both technical and professional research billing in the UF Health Epic billing system.
IDE & CAS Medicare Pre-approval Process
- RBO serves as the liaison between the local Medicare contractor and UF study teams who need to obtain legacy Medicare pre-approval for Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) and Carotid Artery Stent (CAS) device research studies.
- RBO also sends “FYI” information to the local Medicare contractor for IDE and CAS studies that have been pre-approved at the federal level.
- Email questions about this process to UF-ShandsResearchBillingTeam@shands.ufl.edu.
Professional Fee Price Estimates
- If a UFHP service location/department is unable to provide estimates of professional research rates or list prices for budgeting purposes, you may contact the RBO to get these estimates.
- Please send a completed Confirmation of Services form with the correct CPT/EAP codes as already confirmed by the UFHP service location contact to Candice Brown-Bishop firstname.lastname@example.org.
RBO Contact Information
Room 2120, 1329 Building
PO Box: 100354
Phone: (352) 265-7944
Fax: (352) 627-4434
|Candice Brown-Bishop||Mgr Research Billing||(352) 265-7925||BROWCA@shands.ufl.edu|
|Dadriann Andre||Research Billing Analystemail@example.com|
|Maria Brito||Research Billing Analyst||(352) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kelly Mayer||Research Billing Analyst||(352) 265-0680||MAYERK@shands.ufl.edu|