To maintain compliance with The Joint Commission and American College of Radiology guidelines, the UF COM Division of Medical Physics has developed an annual MRI safety course in the myTraining system: General MRI Safety Training. MRI zone education and screening is necessary for your continued safety.
Any UF and Shands staff who have access to the UF Health MRI suites and/or enter zones III and IV must complete this training and a screening form, which is due at the beginning of each year. This includes any researchers that enter these MRI suites for their research activities.
- If you have, or may have the need to work around MRI equipment, or in an MRI suite, you must complete the annual General MRI Safety Training in myTraining.
- Once you have completed the training, please print your certificate of completion.
- Next complete, print and sign the Visitor-Staff screening form .
- Submit the certificate of completion and the completed screening form to the Radiology Quality team, and they will issue you a green sticker that indicates your screening status.
- Place the green sticker on your badge.
If you have questions about this required training, the screening form, or the process to obtain the stickers for your research staff, please contact:
Heather R. Hammond B.S., RT(R)(ARRT)
Radiology Quality Improvement Manager
UF Health | Radiology