Confirmation of Services (COS)
If study team will be obtaining the COS:
- Study team completes the Cytogenetics COS request form, which includes study information, tests requested volume, any turn-around requirements and time periods.
- White areas to be completed by study team, shaded areas are to be completed by UF Cytogenetics personnel.
- Note: If study team is unsure of correct CPTs code to request, these should remain blank and the Cytogentics staff will use protocol to help determine correct CPT codes needed.
- Study team indicates in comments any of the following special handling requirements:
- Are there any special documentation (reporting) requirements, beyond the laboratory’s standard clinical reports (i.e., special forms to be completed, extra copies of reports, images, re-writing reports in specific formats, etc.)?
- Will there be any requirements for the packaging, shipping, and/or delivery of prepared materials (i.e., tissue cultures, cell pellets, extracted DNA, etc.) to the PI, sponsor, or any other third parties?
- Will there be any requirements for computer data entry (i.e., entries or submission to patient registries)?
- Will there be any requirements for the production of digital images to be prepared for distribution?
- Any other special requests?
- Study team sends completed Cytogenetics COS request form and current protocol to Brian Gray via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once study team receives the COS back from Cytogenetics, they will submit a complete study packet to OCR, including the Cytogenetics COS.
Review of COS Requests
- Cytogenetics staff will review the requests and confirm codes and pricing.
- Cytogenetics staff will also assign CPT codes to any special handling requests.
- During the Coverage Analysis process, the OCR CAB team will review study documents and contact Shands and UFHP for final pricing confirmations.
- OCR staff will email study team and/or upload final pricing confirmations to OnCore.
For ALL UF Health orders, study teams should be following the electronic research order workflows in Epic, which include:
- Associate a Patient to a Study
- Pend Orders – Inpatient and Hospital Outpatient Department (HOD)
- Pend Orders – Outpatient and Ambulatory
- Complete Billing Charge Review
Paper Research Order Forms
- In addition to entering UF Cytogenetics research orders into Epic, each specimen must have a yellow paper order form attached.
- Cytogenetics staff will provide study team with yellow research order forms to be included with study specimens.
- Brian Gray
Supervisor, Cytogenetics Lab
UF Path Labs
4800 SW 35th Drive
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32608
- TEL: (352) 265-9900
- FAX: (352) 265-9920
You may also contact the OCR Coverage Analysis and Budget team via OCR-CAB@ahc.ufl.edu.