Epic is the electronic medical record, scheduling, and billing system for UF Health. Epic includes a research module which is designed to assist researchers with research billing compliance by:
- Identifying active research studies that are taking place at UF Health locations
- Associating patients to the research studies that they are participating in
- Associating protocol-required research orders and encounters to research participants/studies
- Assisting in ensuring that each protocol-required research service is correctly billed to either the patient/insurance or to the research study
Epic Research Access
- IRB review and/or approval of a protocol does not equate to the automatic provisioning of access to Epic.
- General information about Epic access is available on the UF Privacy website: http://privacy.ufl.edu/ufhealth-privacy/access-to-epic.
- Also see:
Epic Login via Citrex/VPN
- See UF Health webapge https://epictrain.health.ufl.edu/uf-shands-epic-user-forum/connecting-to-citrix.
Epic Research Training
- Epic General Training and Documentation
- Epic Research Training
- Summary of Epic Research Access Training Requirements
Epic Research User Guides
|Have a QuestiON or Problem with…||Please Contact….|
|Epic Research Billing||UF Health Research Billing Office (RBO) UF-ShandsResearchBillingTeam@shands.ufl.edu|
|Epic Research Functionality||Melissa Sykes IS Application Analyst L2 GNVEpicResearchSupport@shands.ufl.edu|
|Epic Research Training||Office of Clinical Research (OCR) Training Team OCR-Training@ahc.ufl.edu|
|Epic Technical Problems||Submit a SERVICE REQUEST with UF Health IT|