There are several electronic data systems that might be used in the conduct of Human Subjects research at UF; some are required for all studies, others are only used as applicable or as needed.
While there may be some overlap of basic study data elements (e.g. Study Title, Principal Investigator, Sponsor Name, etc.), each system has unique data that reflects that system’s unique primary purpose:
- Epic: Electronic health record; source of truth for all clinical activities and patient health information; patient and insurance billing; shared between Shands and UFHP
- myIRB: Electronic submission system for UF IRB reviews
- myUFL: General ledger for the University; HR for the University
- OnCore: Clinical trials management system; source of truth for all research-related activities including regulatory management, subject management, billing compliance tracking, sponsor invoicing, and accounts receivable management
- REDCap: Electronic data capture system for research data; survey and case report form formats available; 21CFR11 compliant environment available
- UFIRST: Management of grant submissions, research-related contracting, and external research funding
- Vestigo: Investigational pharmacy management system; patient tracking; IDS billing and AR management
- Others: Qualtrix, VTOC, sponsor electronic data capture systems, etc.