The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is responsible for rethinking the way clinical research happens at the University of Florida, supporting the diverse portfolio of clinical research and health-related human subjects research across all colleges.
Our mission is to:
- Minimize study start-up time
- Reduce administrative burden
- Improve financial performance
The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) was created in 2017 to become a one-stop shop for managing human subjects clinical research studies from start to finish.
With joint oversight from the UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute, UF Health Cancer Center, and the UF Office of Research, and support from the UF College of Medicine, the OCR is leading two major initiatives:
- Implementation of OnCore as an enterprise-level clinical research management system; and
- Reorganization of clinical research resources and administration into a more facilitative model that merges staff and functions from CTSI, UF Health, Cancer Center, Office of Research, and the former Research Administration and Compliance (RAC) office.
OCR is redesigning workflows to leverage the full functionality of OnCore, minimize bottlenecks, and streamline processes. We have collaboratively developed the office’s vision, mission and processes in the context of the OnCore implementation, which brings together administrative and research teams to re-engineer workflows and implement OnCore across all UF colleges.
In response to recommendations of the UF Human Subject Research Taskforce convened in the fall of 2015, the OCR provides support to clinical research teams campus-wide; major functions of the office include:
- OnCore user support, system maintenance, analytics and reporting
- Education and training, including OnCore utilization and regulatory and compliance processes
- Study finance, including sponsor invoicing and collections, contract negotiations and budgets, and OnCore protocol calendars and billing grids
- Clinical research support and facilitation through the CTSI Service Center, which provides Clinical Research Center, recruitment, navigation, regulatory, quality management, biostatistics and investigational pharmacy services.
Since 2012, UF’s registered clinical trials and related expenditures have more than doubled, a testament to the hard work of our staff and faculty and a major driver in our quest to become a top-ranked university. Our office aims to provide new efficiencies and capabilities that can fuel the continued growth and impact of UF clinical research by enabling teams to focus on what they do best: conducting research.