We need your help. We are seeking available supplies of N95 masks, gloves, long-sleeve Tyvek gowns, face shields, goggles, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) for UF Health clinician needs going into the COVID-19 epidemic.
I know that similar requests went out a few days back, but concerns about the supply of these items remain. Given recent actions by UF relative to limiting on-campus activities, UF research labs that are now temporarily closed due to COVID-19 may have these items going unused. We need them for UF healthcare staff.
Could you please check with UF laboratory managers and others in your areas to see if any of these items might be available to donate to UF Health? UF|Research is coordinating the collection of items for the non-health science colleges. Steve Sugrue, Acting Associate Vice President for Research at UF Health, will be coordinating collections from the HSC colleges. We will use the Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research (ICBR) as a central collection point, available to any college.
The process for donating is as follows:
Note: This process is for donations from UF units only. Other avenues are available for potential donations from the broader community.
- Please send list of items available to Jennifer Whitney (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include as much detail as possible on items along with quantities available. Before delivering, we need to verify that specific items can be used in the UF Health clinical setting.
- Once items of the list are verified as useful, we will coordinate your delivery of items to ICBR. The contacts for this will be Jennifer Whitney or ICBR personnel at 352-273-8030.
- ICBR is located on the ground floor of the Cancer and Genetics Research Building at 2033 Mowry Rd.
- ICBR personnel will meet person delivering supplies at the front doors of CGRC and escort them to room 184. They will be asked to show UF ID before entering the building.
- ICBR personnel will escort persons into and out of the building, practicing safe distancing between personnel.
Dr. David P. Norton
Vice President for Research | University of Florida
(352) 392-9271 | email@example.com