Hurricane Dorian has destroyed the lives of thousands of Bahamians in Abaco and Grand Bahama Island. Gigi Moore-Higgs, a clinical research director in the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC), was born and raised in Freeport, Grand Bahama. She is coordinating collection of the following items for the children affected by this devastating storm:
- New of gently used children’s clothing (ages infant- 16 years)
- Children’s flip-flops and sneakers in good shape
- Children’s underwear – new unopened packages only
- Hats & ballcaps
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations through September 20:
- UFHCC Administrative Office – CGRC Room 145
- Gigi’s office – MSB 351/352
- Peds HemOnc Office – HD-204
- Office of Clinical Research – Shepard Broad Building Room 106
- Lobby of the Clinical & Translational Research Building
If you prefer to contribute financially, Gigi has some recommendations for reputable agencies. Click here to see more details about her relief drive.
Thank you in advance for your support!